Blue Surrey Bike to Turners Beach / Wharf area
2 pedallers and up to 3 children (two of which must be small enough to fit in the front seats eg 5 - 6 y.o.max
$60 2HR (CONDITIONS APPLY) with $50 deposit- refunded on return of undamaged Surrey.
Surrey bikes only may now go to the new wharf area then proceed under bridge to Anzac Park and on to the Rowing Club.
Blue Surrey $45 1hr.
Red Surrey Bike to Turners Beach / Rowing club
4 pedallers and up to 4 children (two of which must be small enough to fit in the front eg 5-6y.o. max.)
$80 2HR (CONDITIONS APPLY) A $50 deposit is required and will be refunded on return of undamaged Surrey.
Surrey bikes only may now go to the new wharf area and proceed under bridge to Anzac Park and on to the Rowing Club.
Red Surrey. $55 1hr.
Surrey Rules and Safety
- Failure to follow the operating instructions carefully may result in damage to yourself, other passengers and the Surrey. (Protect your deposit)
- Do not put undue stress on gears by riding in a gear that is too high.
If it is hard to pedal, shift down to a lower gear.
- ALWAYS start off in low gear or 1st gear.
- ALWAYS down shift to a lower gear when going up an incline.
- ALWAYS try to be in the same gear as others pedalling.
- Always back off pressure on pedals when shifting gears.
- ALWAYS think safety first. Operate Surrey at a safe speed being mindful of road hazards, other path users and vehicles. (Be courteous (polite) to other track users)
- Helmets must be worn.
- We recommend a licensed driver be in control while on roads or streets.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Do not make sudden turns. Approach corners and turns at a slow speed.
- Approach road crossings and train crossings at a slow speed.
- Watch out for bollards, posts, fences, cars etc. When approaching bollards (posts in centre of path) slow down to practically stopped to ensure no contact with pedals on posts. Due to the weight of this Surrey any ‘pedal to post contact’ will destroy pedals and forfeit your deposit. (You damage - You pay)
- Keep all four wheels on the ground. Avoid uneven ground or paths.
- Stay on bitumen road or concrete paths. Keep off gravel and grass.
- Do not race Surrey Bikes. (This is when accidents and damage uccur)
- Those pedalling should keep their feet on the pedals at all times when travelling in the forward direction. Keep feet, legs, arms & hands away from moving wheels, cranks & chains. If you need to reverse everyone should dismount from Surrey & push it backwards keeping clear of pedal cranks.
Surrey Bikes - May use Beach Road to access shared pathway.
- May use the Esplanade at Turners Beach.
- May visit Turners Beach Berry Patch during berry season.
- May proceed beyond Otto’s Grotto to the wharf area, under bridge to Anzac Park (Rocket Park) and on to the Rowing Club. (Take lower path only closest to the river and not upper path which leads to bridge and crosses the river.
YOU are responsible for your own safety, the safety of others and for the return of UNDAMAGED Surrey bike.